Thirteen Coins Breast of Chicken Parmigiana
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
My family loves this with linguine and a salad on the side.
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c
- italian bread crumbs
- 6 slice
- mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 1/2 stick
- 2 c
- white cream sauce (alfredo sauce, homemade or purchased)
- 3 oz
- parmigiana reggiano cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- powdered garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Thirteen Coins Breast of Chicken Parmigiana
- 1Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic. Dip in beaten eggs and dredge in Italian Bread crumbs.
- 2Lightly brown in butter (clarified butter is really the best for this).
- 3Remove from pan and place in a 350ºF oven with 2 slices of Mozzarella cheese on each breast. Leave in oven until cheese is lightly browned. Add cream sauce to remainder left in frying pan.
- 4When cream sauce is hot, place a ladle of the sauce onto the plate, and then place one chicken breast on top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.