- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 oz
- dried cherries
- 8 oz
- swiss cheese
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- 4 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- loaf italian bread
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- red onion
- 2 tsp
- garlic minced
- 1 tsp
- 1 stick
How to Make The Satupon Sandwich
- 1Slice onion into thin rings. Melt butter in pan and caramelize onion on med low heat.
- 2In a separate pan over med heat melt sugar. Dice the dried cherries and add them to the melted pan. Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and let it simmer over low heat to reconstitute the cherries.
- 3Season the chicken breasts with S&P then coat them in a mixture of the minced garlic and dijon. Cook them in a pan on the stove in Olive Oil, till brown and crispy on the outside and juicy on the interior.
- 4Cut the Italian loaf in half and hollow it out. Place the caramelized onions along the bottom, leaving the butter fat in the pan.
- 5Julienne the peppers. In the onion pan, using the left over fat in the pan, quickly saute the peppers.
- 6lay the chicken over the onions, slice the cheese and lay it over the chicken, then the peppers. finish with the cherries. put the top half of the bread on top.
- 7Wrap the sandwich in saran wrap...both ways. lengthwise and widthwise. Tightly.
Lay the sandwich between two cutting boards and sit on it. ....or it you're boring...put it under a cement block
once it has been sufficiently flattened. put it into the fridge to solidify.
- 8Cut into "fingers" and serve
The colourful layers are beautiful and the taste is sinfully rich!