The Best Chicken Lasagna
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 large
- (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- (10-ounce) container refrigerated alfredo sauce
- (7-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
- (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 c
- dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp
- basil, dried
- (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 c
- cottage cheese
- 1 c
- ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- large egg, lightly beaten
- lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 1/2 c
- chopped cooked chicken
- 3 c
- (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese - divided
How to Make The Best Chicken Lasagna
- 1Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup and next 5 ingredients. Reserve 1 cup sauce.
Drain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
Stir together spinach, cottage cheese, and next 3 ingredients.
- 2Place 3 lasagna noodles in a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Layer with half each of sauce, spinach mixture, and chicken. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat procedure. Top with remaining 3 noodles and reserved 1 cup sauce. Cover and chill up to 1 day ahead.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.