Thai Meat Pie
This recipe is in the booklet that came with my pie baker. I love the Thai influence.
I take out the pie crusts and let them stand for about 5 minutes. Then I place them on a floured board and roll the dough but not too thin. I use one crust for the bottom and one for the top.
I hope you have a chance to try this. I'm sure you could use chicken as well.
How to Make Thai Meat Pie
- 1Cook the ground beef in a medium pan. Drain off the fat and return the ground beef to the pan.
- 2Combine the beef, curry paste, ginger and onion in the saucepan. Cook over moderate heat for about 5 minutes.
- 4Preheat the pie maker until the "Ready" light illuminates.
- 5Prepare the pastry bases and tops. Use 1/3 cup filling per pie.
- 6Close the lid and cook for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Remove the pies with a plastic heat proof spatula and cool slightly.