Teta's Chicken Egg Pasta Salad & Dressing
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/4 c
- miracle whip dressing
- 1 dash(es)
- 1 pinch
- 1 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 can(s)
- fire roasted tomatoes small can
- large toe of garlic
- 2 dash(es)
- italian seasoning
- 3 dash(es)
- black pepper
- sugar add to taste
- 1/4 c
- sweet onion
- 1/4 c
- celery heart
How to Make Teta's Chicken Egg Pasta Salad & Dressing
- 1Press garlic and place in a small bowl.
Add alum,Italian seasoning (these are herbs),add 1 tablespoon of Miracle Whip. Follow this with all the dry ingredients.
- 2Drain can of fire roasted tomatoes (diced); you will discard the juice, leave the tomatoes in the strainer- I drain mine over a 2 cup measuring cup, this allows me to gather tomatoes by hand and place them where I want to. I cook by sight and taste like my Sitto (Grandmother) had taught me. She escaped the Ottoman Empire in the early 1900's. She was my hero.
- 3Take a fork and when the tomatoes are in the dish bowl for mixing into the other ingredients smash them while mixing. Add the Olive Oil a little at a time, depending on how runny you want the dressing continue to add more. This rule holds true for the Miracle Whip as well as the sugar.
- 4Boil your favorite pasta, cut up chicken (I prefer the breast meat) or open a large can of chicken,*if using canned chicken drain and wash with cold water*, slice up onions, celery place all in a large bowl to mix. Add left over tomato, slice hard boiled eggs and add if you like.
- 5Take a large kitchen spoon from your drawer and pour over all of the salad then mix. I mix with my hands, this allows me to feel that I have gotten most of the items mixed and this also allows the eggs and chicken to stay in tact, somewhat. (Licking your fingers afterward is a chef's bonus reward ;0) Continue to add a little at a time with the dressing until you get the amount you like.
- 6You are now ready to enjoy a guilt free salad at anytime. "SAHTEIN"!