How to Make Teriyaki Chicken
- rinse chicken and set aside.
- combine soy sauce and water with brown sugar and honey. stir until sugars are all dissolved.
- peel garlic and ginger and finely grate into soy sauce and sweeteners. add the zest of whole lemon and then the juice of the lemon.
- add chicken to marinade and let sit for at least 6 hours. I often let it sit overnight.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees. Cook chicken about 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- can be served with a side of rice, steamed or fried OR we like to make sandwiches with them.
- I have also taken the marinated chicken and cut it up to use as a stir fry. Pork chops can also be substituted for the chicken.