Teriyaki Baked Chicken
*Instead of brushing on the sauce, I let the chicken marinate in it overnight in the refrigerator; then I placed it in the baking dish and poured the remaining sauce over it, so there was really no need for me to brush it every ten minutes.
1 Tbspcold water
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 csoy sauce
1/4 ccider vinegar
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspground ginger
1/4 tspground black pepper
How to Make Teriyaki Baked Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch , cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper; let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9 X 13-inch baking dish; brush chicken with the sauce; turn pieces over, and brush again.*
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.*