Teriyaki Baked Chicken
*Instead of brushing on the sauce, I let the chicken marinate in it overnight in the refrigerator; then I placed it in the baking dish and poured the remaining sauce over it, so there was really no need for me to brush it every ten minutes.
How to Make Teriyaki Baked Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch , cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper; let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- 3Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9 X 13-inch baking dish; brush chicken with the sauce; turn pieces over, and brush again.*
- 4Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 5Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.*