Tender roast chicken
Patricia & Jake Fish
- 1 large
- fresh or high quality whole chicken cleaned
- 1/2 stick
- 5 dash(es)
- optional poultry seasoning or barbecue seasonings, or lemon juice, or rosemary
- 1 large
- 1 lb
- of home made suffing mix
How to Make Tender roast chicken
- 1Wash whole chicken, removing giblets, neck, in a little warm soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with paper towel. Rub over with butter inside the cavity and outside.
- 2Optional Seasoning with herbs or spices, like rosemary, sage, mint, orange zest or barbecue seasoning, traditional poultry seasoning, curry or lemon juice. Place chicken in the roaster, cut up onion placed on the bottom of the pan with 1/2 inch of water.
- 3The trick is having a good roasting pan with a lid.
I use Command Performance from HSN with 3 layers of metals on the base.
Preheat oven to 400o. Place covered roaster in the middle of the oven with lid for 1.5 hour son timer and then remove lid and bake for an additional 30 minutes golden brown
Remove from pan and stuffing if applicable. Slice after 20 minutes of cooling. The chicken is so tender it will melt in your mouth.
- 4Optional Gravy
Make a rue with butter and flour in 1/4 cold water, mix into chicken dripping at the bottom of the pan. Thicken, season to taste. Strain into fresh pot, pour into gravy server.