Tender Chicken Gizzards
How to Make Tender Chicken Gizzards
- Bring the coke to a boil in a large pot. Add the gizzards and return to a boil. Then reduce to a steady simmer for 35-45 minutes. Remove the gizzards and drain.
NOTE: I didn't use coca-cola, but did use chicken broth, I don't drink sodas.
- Then, put the gizzards into the fridge and give them about 30 minutes so they are totally cold. In fact the colder the better.
- Divide the flours between two shallow bowls and put the multi-spice in the third bowl. Put the plain flour in the first bowl and the beaten egg in the middle bowl.
- roll each gizzard in the first bowl of flour, then the egg, then the seasoned flour. Doing it in order will ensure that the tenders come out right.
- Place the gizzards in the hot butter (watch you don't burn the butter) and saute until golden. Cook 2-3 minutes and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or other sauce of your choice. If you don't mind chewing a little, these are very tasty and enjoyable.