Tasty Clay Pot Chicken Recipe
·1 whole chicken about 3 cut into serving pieces
·11 cloves garlic crushed
1 Tbspcoarse salt
1 tspfreshly ground popper
2 Tbspcorn or vegetable oil
·20 small new potatoes peeled
3/4 cred wine vinegar
1/2 colive oil
·6 bay leaves
2 Tbspdried thyme and marjoram
How to Make Tasty Clay Pot Chicken Recipe
- The traditional way to prepare this chicken dish from Michoacan, is in a clay casserole dish covered with a sealing layer of ground corn or masa.
- Small bits of the corn mixture break off and add a thickening texture to the sauce. This modern version is much simpler to prepare.
- Rub the chicken with the garlic, salt, and pepper and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. In a large skillet, heat the corn oil, sautй the chicken briefly and transfer to a cazuela or large pot.
- In the same oil, lightly brown the potatoes, remove, and set aside. Add the vinegar to the skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour the vinegar through a strainer over the chicken. Add the olive oil, salt, bay leaves, thyme, and marjoram to the chicken cazuela.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and lower the heat. Every 10 minutes, uncover and stir.
- After 35 minutes, uncover, correct the seasonings, and add the chilies. Cover and cook over low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.