• If you don’t like bell peppers, try mild banana pepper rings or roasted red peppers, drained, and use a packet of Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix to season the chicken. After the red peppers are roasted, they lose most of that “bell” pepper taste.
• For a Tex-Mex spin, season the chicken with taco mix and use jalapenos in place of the bell pepper. Pepper Jack cheese would go well with this version.
• For a more comfort-food feel, try coating the chicken with dry gravy mix. The chicken juices will turn it into a nice sauce on the veggies. You may need a tiny bit of water with this version, if your chicken doesn’t release much liquid, but remember that the veggies will release some too.
• In summer, a few tomatoes chopped and added to the veggie mix tastes great, especially with Italian seasoning on the chicken. If you’re craving this version & there are no good summer tomatoes to be had, try using canned, diced tomatoes, well drained. It’s almost as good.
• Substitute boneless pork chops for the chicken for another twist.