- 3 lb
- chicken drumsticks and/ or thighs
- kosher salt
- lemon, juiced
- inch piece of fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 2/3 c
- yogurt, low-fat, plain
- 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
How to Make Tandoori Chicken
- 1Place chicken in a large tupperware container or zip lock bag. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt over chicken and then pour on the lemon juice.
- 2Mix the yogurt with the ginger, garlic, and chili powder. Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir until well coated.
- 3Cover the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours. Shake the container or move the chicken pieces periodically to distribute the marinade over the chicken.
- 4Grill the chicken over an outdoor grill or roast it in a 350 degree oven until done. You can place the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes to brown it after it is done in the oven.