Tamale Casserole - Crockpot
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1 16-oz jar(s)
- green tomatillo salsa
- 2 15-oz can(s)
- chili con carne, without beans
- 1 15-oz can(s)
- black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 2-oz can(s)
- sliced ripe olives, drained
- tamales (chicken or beef), wrappers or husks removed
- 2 7-oz can(s)
- whole green chilies, drained, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- cheddar cheese, shredded, optional
- sour cream, optional
How to Make Tamale Casserole - Crockpot
- 1Place half of the diced onions in a 4-quart electric slow cooker.
- 2Top with half each of the salsa, the chili, beans and olives.
- 3Place 4 or 5 of the tamales on top.
- 4Cover the tamales with half of the chili strips.
- 5Repeat the layers, ending with the remaining chili strips.
- 6Cover and cook on the low setting 6 1/2 to 7 hours.
- 7Pass shredded cheese and sour cream on the side.
If you are using frozen tamales, the wrappers will be easier to remove if you microwave them for a few seconds first.
Also, if using frozen tamales, increase cooking time about 1 hour.