★★★★★ 1 vote5
·1 chopped onion
·1/2 cup plus 1 tbs salad oil
·10 oz cooked shredded chicken
·1 cup green chillis, chopped
·1/2 tsp pepper
·10 corn tortillas
·1 clove garlic, crushed
·1 and 1/2 cups half and half cream
·5 chicken bullion cubes
·8 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
·8 oz mozarrella chees, grated
·1 tsp salt
How to Make Swiss Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In skillet, saute onion in 1 Tbs oil until soft.
- Add chicken, green chilies, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 10 minutes and set aside.
- In another pan heat 1/2 cup salad oil.
- Fry tortillas one at a time until soft and pliable - about 1 minute - set aside.
- In saucepan, heat cream and bouillon cubes. Stir until dissolved.
- Dip each tortilla in the cream mixture. Then add the chicken filling and roll up the tortillas.
- Place the tortillas, seam side down, in two buttered 13 by 9 inch casseroles.
- Pour remaining cream mixture over the tortillas.
- Cover with cheddar cheese and top with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.