I like to use fire roasted green chilies if available.Fresh cream in the dairy section
- 2 t. oil
- 1 onion,chopped
- 1 garlic clove,crushed
- 2 c. tomato puree
- 2 canned,green chiles,chopped
- 2 c. cooked chicken,chopped
- salt and pepper,to taste
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 c. hot cream
- 1/2 lb. cheddar or swiss cheese,grated
How to Make Swiss Enchiladas
- 1Saute onion in 2 T oil.Add garlic,tomato puree,green chilies and chicken.Season with salt and pepper.Cook until mixture is thick.
- 2Slightly fry tortillas in hot oil just till soft.
- 3Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot cream,stir well.Dip each tortilla in this,cover generously with chicken filling and roll up.
- 4Arrange enchiladas in a baking dish and pour remaining cream mixture over them.Top with cheese.Bake in a 350 deg. oven for 30 mins.