- any number of chicken breasts you need for a serving
- 100 grams of ham (i use black forest)
- swiss cheese
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 - 2 eggs
How to Make Swiss Chicken
- 1Pre-Heat oven to 370.
- 2Most Swiss Chicken requires pounding chicken breast flat, I use a small sharp paring knife to pocket the breast, cut off the part of the breast that always hangs loose...that can be frozen and used later for chicken fingers.
- 3Chop up the ham and grate cheese, use this in equal amounts to stuff the pocket you have created.
- 4Dip both sides of stuffed chicken in beaten egg wash and then coat evenly with your panko bread crumbs.
- 5Using a heavy skillet or other non stick frying pan brown the chicken in butter, then place the chicken in a 9 X 13 or appropriate size baking dish, cover dish with foil and place in oven to bake for around thirty to forty minutes...no need to use tooth picks to close pocket as the intial browning will start the sealing process.