Sweetly Savory Chicken
★★★★★ 1 vote5
5 Tbspbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 tspsmoked paprika
1 tspground cumin
1/2 Tbspblack peppercorns, whole
1/2 tspdried oregano
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspfresh rosemary, very finely minced
1 tspcurry powder
1chicken cut in half
How to Make Sweetly Savory Chicken
- Put the brown sugar into a medium bowl. Add the smoked paprika and ground cumin. Put the black peppercorns into a bag and whack the heck out of them with a mallet until they're in nice, big chunks. Put that in the bowl. Add the dried oregano, garlic powder, fresh rosemary, curry powder and salt.
Whack the heck out of the black peppercorns and put into a medium bowl. Add the smoked paprika, cumin, kosher salt, oregano, garlic powder, rosemary and curry powder.
- Blend spice mixture very well with your hands until well combined.
- Rub the mixture on the chicken. Put on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove from fridge and let come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put chicken in an oven proof pan and bake for 45 minutes or until done. Serve very hot.