Sweet & Tangy BBQ Chicken
- 1 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pkg
- 12 oz. package of frozen three peppers and onion mix
- 1/2 c
- frozen broccoli florets
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz. package of portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c
- honey barbecue sauce
- 1 can(s)
- 20 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 c
- instant white or brown rice
- 1 tsp
- cilantro, dried (divided)
- splash of lime juice
How to Make Sweet & Tangy BBQ Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix about 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce and some of the liquid from the canned pineapple and brush over chicken. If using fresh chicken, bake for about 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear. If using frozen chicken breasts, follow instructions on package.
- 2Once the chicken has about 8 minutes left to cook, prepare rice according to package directions, adding 1/2 teaspoon of the dried cilantro and a splash of lime juice.
- 3Saute the mushrooms and frozen veggies over medium high heat, adding the barbecue sauce and the pineapple. Add the rest of the cilantro and another splash of lime juice if desired. (You can always add more barbecue sauce if desired).
- 4Once the veggies have cooked down, add the chicken and mix well. Plate the rice and then spoon out the chicken and veggie mixture over the rice. Serve warm.