Sweet & Sour Sauce for Chicken
8 ozcan crushed pineapple in its own juice
1/2 cjellied cranberry sauce
2 Tbsplight brown sugar
2 Tbspcider vinegar
2 Tbspfrozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
1 Tbspwhite wine or sherry
1 tspsoy sauce
1/4 tspground ginger
How to Make Sweet & Sour Sauce for Chicken
- Drain the juice from the pineapple into a small saucepan; set aside the pineapple.
- Put saucepan over medium heat and whisk in cranberry sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, orange juice, wine, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Put the cornstarch in a cup or small bowl; add the water, stirring to dissolve. Whisk into juice mixture.
- Increase heat to medium-high, cook for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in pineapple.
- **Use to baste chicken wile grilling or pour over chicken, cover and bake. Also can be used in stir fries or spooned over vegetable couscous or rice dishes.