Sweet & Sour Chicken
This recipe was given to me by my mom, who is an excellent cook/baker! I learned a lot from her. Thank You Mom!
- boneless,skinless chicken breast
- 1 can(s)
- 20 oz tidbits
- 1 small
- yellow onion-cut in bite sized pieces
- green bell pepper-cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 c
- carrots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- red bell pepper (optional)
- 1/2 c
How to Make Sweet & Sour Chicken
- 1In a nonstick Skillet,add cut up chicken breast to oil. cook on medium heat until no longer pink. drain chicken on paper towel.
- 2Drain Pineapple,reserving juice. Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 C. Combined liquid,vinegar and sugar in skillet without oil.
- 3Heat to boilng,stirring constantly. Sir in green peppers, carrots,and onion and heat again until boiling, Reduce heat and simmer covered 2 min. Blend 1/4 c. water with 2 Tablespoons cornstarch and stir into skillet mixture.
- 4Cook, sirring constantly until mixture thickens and boil. Boil and stir 1 min. Stir in pinapple,soy sauce. Add chicken and heat through.
- 5Best if spooned over rice or crispy canned noodles! Enjoy!