Sweet & Sour Chicken
This recipe was given to me by my mom, who is an excellent cook/baker! I learned a lot from her. Thank You Mom!
3boneless,skinless chicken breast
1 can(s)20 oz tidbits
1 smallyellow onion-cut in bite sized pieces
1green bell pepper-cut into bite sized pieces
1 ccarrots, chopped
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1/2 cwhite sugar
1red bell pepper (optional)
How to Make Sweet & Sour Chicken
- In a nonstick Skillet,add cut up chicken breast to oil. cook on medium heat until no longer pink. drain chicken on paper towel.
- Drain Pineapple,reserving juice. Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 C. Combined liquid,vinegar and sugar in skillet without oil.
- Heat to boilng,stirring constantly. Sir in green peppers, carrots,and onion and heat again until boiling, Reduce heat and simmer covered 2 min. Blend 1/4 c. water with 2 Tablespoons cornstarch and stir into skillet mixture.
- Cook, sirring constantly until mixture thickens and boil. Boil and stir 1 min. Stir in pinapple,soy sauce. Add chicken and heat through.
- Best if spooned over rice or crispy canned noodles! Enjoy!