Sweet & Sour Chicken (Crockpot)
- onion, sliced
- carrot, sliced
- celery rib, sliced
- 2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- catalina dressing
- 1/3 c
- soy sauce
- 1 tsp
- grated ginger root
- 1 Tbsp
- crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- (8 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained, liquid reserved
- each, green and red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 c
- sugar snap peas
- 4 - 6 c
- hot cooked long-grain white rice.
How to Make Sweet & Sour Chicken (Crockpot)
- 1Place onions, carrots and celery in crockpot; top with chicken.
- 2Mix sugar, dressing, soy sauce, ginger and red pepper flakes; pour over chicken. Cover with lid.
- 3Cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours. Increase the heat to high.
- 4Stir the cornstarch into the reserved pineapple liquid. Add to slow cooker with pineapple, peppers and peas; stir.
- 5Cook, covered, 30 min. or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice or noodles.