Sweet Hot and Smoky Chicken Kbobs
How to Make Sweet Hot and Smoky Chicken Kbobs
- 1Start coals or gas grill.
- 2Mix mustard, brown sugar, liquid smoke, and preserves in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- 3Cut bacon slices into thirds, crosswise. Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch chunk. Wrap each chicken chunk with one of the bacon pieces, and thread onto shish kabob skewer. Repeat with remaining chicken, dividing evenly into 8 skewers.
- 4Baste with mustard sauce, and place over hot coals (or hot grill is using gas/electric grill).
- 5Turn kabobs frequently, basting with sauce, until cooked throughout (juices will run clear), about 15-20 minutes total.
- 6Serve with rice pilaf, grilled vegetables, or your favorite salad. For appetizer portions, place one chunk of chicken wrapped with bacon on large wooden toothpicks that have been soaked in water.