Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1/2 bag frozen pre-cooked chicken nuggets, thawed to room temp
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups chunk pineapple, drained
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup vinegar (apple cider or white)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
How to Make Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1In large saucepan: Mix all ingredients EXCEPT chicken nuggets. Heat until cornstarch is dissolved and is thick and cloudy. Cook 5 minutes. Add chicken nuggets and heat on simmer about 5 minutes. Serve over chow mein noodles, rice noodles or rice.
NOTE: Can also add cooked vegetables like broccoli or bean sprouts, etc.,of choice just before serving.