Susie's Bourbon Chicken
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbboneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 1/3 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspminced garlic
4 Tbspminced onion
1 tspdried red pepper flakes
2 tspground ginger
1 cbourbon whiskey
4 Tbspwhite wine
How to Make Susie's Bourbon Chicken
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and wine, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Cut up chicken thighs into large pieces (depending upon size, in quarters).
- Pour marinade and chicken into gallon Ziploc bag. Refrigerate, turning occasionally for 1 to 2 days (2 days for best flavor).
- Bake at 350* in stove-top safe (not glass) baking dish for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven.
- Place baking dish on medium high burner and add white wine, simmering for 5 minutes longer.
- *** For a smoky flavor, after removing the chicken from the oven, I sometimes grill the chicken pieces over a high flame on my gas grill for a few minutes, then return it to the baking dish to add the wine.
- *** This recipe easily doubles and triples for more servings. It also freezes very well for future dinners.