Super Quick Taco Chicken
- 1 - 1.5 lb
- chicken tenders or chicken breats
- 4 c
- minute rice
- 1 - 15 can(s)
- swanson's chicken broth
- 1 - small can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1 pkg
- of your favorite taco seasoning
- 1 can(s)
- corn, undrained
How to Make Super Quick Taco Chicken
- 1Cut chicken tenders up in small bite size pieces. (I prefer chicken tenders to chicken breasts as they are much more tender and tasty.)
- 2Brown chicken in a bit of oil in a dutch oven till none of the chicken is pink anymore. Try not to overcook tho. Set aside.
- 3Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, water from the corn, and taco seasoning to dutch oven and bring to a boil for 5 minutes but not much more.
- 4Add chicken in and stir to make sure it is all covered. Then quickly stir in Minute Rice, cover and take off heat.
- 5Let set for 5 minutes. Uncover then fluff rice. It's ready to serve.
I serve mine with cold apple sauce sprinkled with cinnamon and bread and butter fold overs. (I love the cold applesauce against the hot-off-the-stove taco chicken and cinnamon is a perfect complement to Mexican spices.)
- 6This can even be made ahead and frozen for later. When you go to reheat it, use a little bit of chicken broth to revitalize it. Use chicken broth if you have some you want to reheat the next day, as well.