Super Moist Bacon Roasted Chicken
The chicken was so good and extremely moist and juicy everyone enjoyed it.I placed a small cut up apple and a stalk of celery into the cavity, which gave it a wonderful taste.
4 lbwhole chicken
1 tspold bay seasoning
1/2 tspdried thyme
1/2 tspherbes de provence
1 smallapple, cored but leave peeling on, cut into quarters
1 stickcelery, cut into 3-4 pieces
2 Tbspsoft butter
4-6 slicecenter cut bacon, the amount of slices depends on the size or the chicken
2 cchicken broth
How to Make Super Moist Bacon Roasted Chicken
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Rub chicken with the softened butter.
sprinkle the Old Bay, thyme, and herbes de provence evenly over chicken and rub in lightly. Place cut up celery and apple into the cavity of the chicken
- lay bacon strips over the top of the chicken and secure with toothpicks.
Place chicken breast side up in roasting pan.
- pour chicken broth into pan (do not pour over the bacon)
- Roast for 15 minutes at 450 degrees and then lower oven temp to 350, continue to roast for about 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer is 180 degrees.
Baste every 20 minutes.
- When done, remove bacon and toothpicks. You can eat the bacon if desired. Serve with your favorite vegetables. I did make a little gravy from the broth that is left over in the pan, it was not greasy and had good flavor