Sunday Chicken Stew
My grandmother Mabel Kennedy Sullivan use to make this for our big family... and we just loved it!
It is easy and just a bit different from beef stew.
*** Grandmother use to serve this with home made biscuits!
Great Grandma's Pioneer Trail Biscuits
***this is not my photo... but one from the internet.... just to show some chicken and veggies...
- 8 - 10 large
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 large
- onions (peeled and quartered)
- 5 lb
- carrots (peeled and cut large)
- 5 lb
- potatoes (washed and quartered)
- 1 can(s)
- (family size) cream of chicken soup
- 2 qt
- water or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp
- each: salt & poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp
- each: ground black pepper & garlic powder
- green onions (chopped large)
- 1 pkg
- frozen peas (thawed and added at the end)
Butter a large roast pan.