Sun-Dried Tomato-Basil Chicken w/Goat Cheese
I highly recommend using the "foil trick" when baking chicken, it makes such a big difference in the texture and moisture of the meat.
4boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/4 cgoat cheese, crumbled or soft
2 Tbspfresh basil, well chopped, divided in half
4sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sliced thin
1 clovegarlic, minced
2 Tbspolive oil
1 tspgrated lemon rind
4 Tbspchicken broth
1/2 tspsalt and pepper, divided
How to Make Sun-Dried Tomato-Basil Chicken w/Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cut 4 sheets of aluminum foil large enough to fold over chicken with extra to crimp and seal.
- Combine cheese, 1 Tbsp basil, tomatoes, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Cover and set in fridge while chicken is prepped.
- Rinse each chicken breasts and pat dry. Butterfly each chicken and pound out slightly with a meat mallet until they are about the same thickness.
- Fold a piece of foil in half to create a crease. Open and lay a piece of chicken into the crease open. Spoon 1/4 of the cheese mixture into the chicken and fold close.
- Drizzle about a 1/2 Tbsp olive oil over chicken and turn over. Pour about 1 Tbsp chicken broth over chicken.
Sprinkle with a pinch of remaining salt and pepper, 1/4 tsp lemon rind and 1/4 tsp remaining chopped basil.
- Fold closed, rolling any open edges shut.
Place packets in a baking dish close together and bake about 25-30 minutes.
Remove from oven and let stand about 5-7 minutes before unfolding packets. Serve immediately after unfolding chicken.