Stuffed wrapped chicken and green chile gravy
- 4 medium
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 8 oz
- herb and garlic cream cheese
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese
- 8 slice
- wright bacon(peppered)
- 2 Tbsp
- mccormick grilling spice
- 1 small
- jalapeno(chopped) optional
How to Make Stuffed wrapped chicken and green chile gravy
- 1Pound out chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness and set aside!
- 2In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Then take each chicken breast and spread mixture onto it, then roll it up and secure it with toothpicks, then take the bacon and wrap 2 pieaces on each breast so that the whole breast is covered. Adjust your toothpicks as needed! Then sprinkle the spice on the breast and place in pan for taking out to the grill!
- 3To prepare the grill, I make a mound of charcoal on one side and leave a cool spot on the grill. When the coals are ready, I place the chicken on cool side and let cook for about 20 minutes,,,so that the bacon does not burn or start flare ups directly over the flame. And, besides that, it leaves a smokey flavor to the chicken...Then transfer the chicken to the other side and let the bacon crisp up and the chicken to cook a little longer... and for the jalapeno, I chop it up and add it into my cream cheese mixture..!
- 4Oh, and for the green chile-gravy....just saute some onions and add a little flour and make a roux, then add milk to make gravy. Let thicken up and add in roasted green chile's...as much as you like!! I place it in small bowls and let the people take one with them to the table!