Fiesta Feta Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large
- bell peppers (any colour)
- 1 lb
- chicken sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped
- 1-5 oz. can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1/2 c
- bell pepper chopped (use the tops you cut off)
- 2 Tbsp
- flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- celtic sea salt
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 c
- cooked rice
- 1 large
- egg beaten
- 4 oz
- crumbled goat cheese
How to Make Fiesta Feta Stuffed Peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 350'F. Line a casserole dish with parchment paper.
- 2Cut the tops off of the peppers (1/2") from top and clean out the peppers. Set aside.
- 3Saute the onion and cook until transparent. Add the sausage and saute until the pink is gone. Add the chopped bell pepper, tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder, oregano, pepper flakes and black pepper.
- 4Cook until the peppers are slightly soft and taste to adjust your seasonings if needed.
- 5Once the chicken mixture is cooked remove from heat and place in a bowl to cool for 10 minutes. Then add the rice and beaten eggs and give it a good stir.
- 6Place mixture in your hollowed out peppers.
- 7Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes. The peppers should be slightly soft.
- 8Top with the goat cheese if using and broil until the cheese is slightly browned.
- 9Garnish with the parsley if using and serve.