Stuffed Jalapenos w/ Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
- ranch dressing mix
- 2 tsp
- chipotle chili powder
- medium jalapeno peppers
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 c
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lb
- hickory smoked bacon
How to Make Stuffed Jalapenos w/ Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- 2For the dipping sauce, stir together first 3 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate to blend flavors.
- 3Cut the stems off jalapenos and, using an old-fashioned vegetable peeler, clean out each one, being sure to remove all seeds and pith. Set aside.
- 4With a very sharp knife, chop up the chicken very finely and place in a mixing bowl. Add the jack cheese and stir to combine. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Stuff each hollowed pepper with the chicken/cheese mixture to the top of the pepper. Wrap each stuffed pepper with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- 6Place peppers upright on a pepper roasting rack and bake until the bacon is crispy and the stuffing reaches a temperature of 170, about 30 minutes. (If you don't have a pepper rack, be sure to wind part of the bacon strip over the opening of the pepper so all the cheese won't ooze while they are cooking.)
- 7Pat excess bacon grease, if necessary, and serve with dipping sauce.