Stuffed Jalapenos w/ Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce
1 csour cream
2 Tbspranch dressing mix
2 tspchipotle chili powder
12medium jalapeno peppers
1 lbboneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cmonterey jack cheese, shredded
1 lbhickory smoked bacon
How to Make Stuffed Jalapenos w/ Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- For the dipping sauce, stir together first 3 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate to blend flavors.
- Cut the stems off jalapenos and, using an old-fashioned vegetable peeler, clean out each one, being sure to remove all seeds and pith. Set aside.
- With a very sharp knife, chop up the chicken very finely and place in a mixing bowl. Add the jack cheese and stir to combine. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff each hollowed pepper with the chicken/cheese mixture to the top of the pepper. Wrap each stuffed pepper with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place peppers upright on a pepper roasting rack and bake until the bacon is crispy and the stuffing reaches a temperature of 170, about 30 minutes. (If you don't have a pepper rack, be sure to wind part of the bacon strip over the opening of the pepper so all the cheese won't ooze while they are cooking.)
- Pat excess bacon grease, if necessary, and serve with dipping sauce.