Stuffed Chicken Caprese
Nutrition (for Chicken Caprese):
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbsptomato-basil-garlic blend (recommend mrs. dash brand)
4 thinboneless skinless chicken breasts
8cherry tomatoes, each cut into quarters
2 clovegarlic, minced
2low-fat mozzarella cheese sticks, cut in half
1 Tbspolive oil
2 tspred wine vinegar
1 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
1 tspblack pepper
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Caprese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x9-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Toss tomatoes with Mrs. Dash tomato-basil garlic blend.
- Flatten each chicken breast to about 1/4-inch thickness. Divide tomatoes into 4 portions and spoon into center of each chicken breast. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic and half of mozzarella stick.
- Mix together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, chopped basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle half of the dressing over the tomato bits. Roll up each chicken breast, making sure tomatoes and cheese remain tucked inside. Secure ends with a toothpick.
- Place chicken rolls in baking dish. Drizzle remaining dressing over top of each chicken roll.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove baking dish from oven, cover with aluminum foil and let rest 10 minutes (to let flavors meld) before serving.
It's great served with a tossed green salad and buttered slices of fresh Italian baguette.