Stuffed Chicken Breasts/Topped with a Raspberry/Peach Liqueur
4large chicken breasts
2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
3chopped green onions
1/2 cchopped smoked almonds
1/2 cchopped portabella mushrooms
1 craspberries, pureed, and strained
1/2-1 cwhite or brown sugar/to you desired sweetness
1/4 cpeach schnapps
·salt and pepper/i think that just a hint of rosemary would be good with this...
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Breasts/Topped with a Raspberry/Peach Liqueur
- Mix 1 bag (2 cups) Mozzarella cheese, 3 chopped green onions, 1/2 cup chopped smoked almonds, and about 1/2 cup of chopped Portabella mushrooms in a bowl.
- Take 4 large chicken breasts and pocket them. Stuff them with the mixture above. Set the remaining mixture aside.
- Place them in a baking dish and cover it with foil. Bake them at 350 for 25 minutes.
- While this is baking, mix 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of desired liqueur in a sauce pan, making a syrup out of it. Add 1 cup of chopped peaches, and the pureed raspberries to allow for absorption of some of the syrup. You can puree this if you want to.
- I've also made the sauce with pineapple and mango and used shredded coconut to top it with...AND...I have used Amaretto and pineapple. You can do almost anything with a sauce like this.)
- Pull the chicken out and pour the sauce over it. Sprinkle the remaining stuffing mix over the top and shove it back in the oven for 10 minutes more.
- I usually serve it with with steamed asparagus sprinkled with lemon pepper and whatever other veggie strikes my fancy at the time.