Stuffed Chicken Breasts
6boneless, skinless chicken breasts
9 ozfrozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
1/2 cchopped cremini mushrooms
1 Tbspfinely chopped onion
1 1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
3 Tbspolive oil
2 calfredo sauce
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Place a chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Pound with a mallet until it is 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- In a skillet heat butter over medium heat. Saute onion and mushrooms until tender. (About 5 minutes)
- In a bowl, combine drained spinach, onion, mushrooms, both cheeses and seasonings. Stir to mix well.
- Divide the stuffing evenly between the breasts. Place a mound in the center of each.
- Wrap and roll the chicken breast over the stuffing. Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add the breasts to the skillet, brown on all sides, cooking 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Place a breast on a plate and slice on an angle . Spoon some of the sauce over the top. Repeat with the remaining breasts.