Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 9 oz
- frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1/2 c
- chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp
- finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 c
- alfredo sauce
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1Place a chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Pound with a mallet until it is 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- 2In a skillet heat butter over medium heat. Saute onion and mushrooms until tender. (About 5 minutes)
- 3In a bowl, combine drained spinach, onion, mushrooms, both cheeses and seasonings. Stir to mix well.
- 4Divide the stuffing evenly between the breasts. Place a mound in the center of each.
- 5Wrap and roll the chicken breast over the stuffing. Secure with a toothpick.
- 6Heat oil in skillet.
- 7Add the breasts to the skillet, brown on all sides, cooking 10 to 12 minutes.
- 8Pour Alfredo sauce over the chicken breasts.
- 9Lower heat and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- 10Place a breast on a plate and slice on an angle . Spoon some of the sauce over the top. Repeat with the remaining breasts.