Stir Fry of Broccoli & Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbboneless skinless chicken breast
6 cbroccoli florets
2 largered or green peppers, quartered lengthwise cut into 1/8" strips
1 largeonion, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4" slices
2 largegarlic cloves, minced
1/2 tspdried thyme, crumbled
1 tspdried basil, crumbled
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
4 Tbspparmesan, freshly grated
How to Make Stir Fry of Broccoli & Chicken
- Pound breasts between waxed paper to thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Wrap each chicken breast separately in plastic and freeze until firm but not solid.
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/8 inch wide strips.
- Cover broccoli with cold water in medium bowl.
- Coat heavy skillet with vegetable spray.
- Add olive oil and heat over high heat 1 minute.
- Add red peppers (or green), onion, garlic, basil, thyme, repper and rosemary to pan.
- Stir fry 2 minutes.
- Drain broccoli, but do not shake off excess water and add to skillet.
- Stir fry 3 minutes then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and steam 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cover and steam until chicken is almost cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Uncover and increase heat and stir fry until liquid reduces slightly, about 1 minute.
- Divide among heated plates.
- Top each portion with 1 tablespoon parmesan.