Spinach stuffed chicken breasts
I didn't think of taking a picture, next time I make it, I will make sure to photograph it as well.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
2 cfresh spinach
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/4 cricotta cheese
4 slicemozzarella cheese
1 cpanko bread crumbs
1/2 cparmesan cheese
4 largebasil leaves
4 Tbspbutter or olive oil
·salt and pepper
How to Make Spinach stuffed chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mince the garlic finely and put in a small bowl. Zest the lemon and add to the garlic. Take the basil leafs and roll them like a cigar, then slice very thinly. Add to the garlic and lemon zest. Add the ricotta cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Put the juice of one lemon plus 2 tablespoons of water (this will depend on how big your chicken breasts are and how much juice you got out of the lemon, you don't need a lot just enough to dip the breasts in)in a shallow bowl, set aside.
Put the of flour in a separate shallow bowl or larger plate, add salt and pepper to season, set aside.
Put the panko and parmesan cheese on a large plate, mix them together and set aside.
- Take the chicken breast, starting from the fattest side, carefully make a cut down the length of the breast making sure not to cut all the way through.
Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts generously.
- Take some spinach leaves and lay inside the chicken breasts where you just made the cut. Distributing them evenly among the four breasts.
Take a slice of mozzarella cheese and lay on top of spinach.
Take a tablespoon or so of the ricotta mixture and put on top of the mozzarella.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, add 4 tablespoons of butter or olive oil, heat until hot.
Working in an assembly line, take the chicken breast dredge in the flower, then dip in the lemon juice making sure to coat both sides, then press into the bread crumbs making sure all sides get covered.
- Place the chicken breasts in the pan and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes each side.
Put in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.