Spinach and Chicken Pesto Lasagne
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 clove
- 1/2 c
- white wine, dry
- 10 oz
- philadelphia pesto cooking cream
- 8 oz
- block cream cheese, softened
- 10 oz
- half and half
- 1 medium
- egg, scrambled slightly
- 2 c
- chicken, cooked and chopped
- 6 oz
- oven ready or pre-cooked lasagne noodles
- 3 c
- baby spinach leaves
- 3 slice
- baby swiss, cut in half
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
How to Make Spinach and Chicken Pesto Lasagne
- 1Talk about Positive experiences while creating monstrosities in the kitchen with what you have available? Who'd have put THESE together, but wow...the texture and taste leave me wanting more. Similar in texture to a quiche, or a lasagne, which one is it, yet....I can't describe this party in my mouth. My daughter said this is the BEST thing I have ever created. ...... it really is mouth watering!!!!!!!
Here's what I did.
...Panicked because I had some chicken & spinach and wanted a sauteed spaghetti dinner....so...here's what I did...
I looked through my pantry, pulling out things I thought would be good together. What I came up with pretty much rocked the night. I hope you have these ingredients around, and feel free to use another flavored cream cheese mixture, but the pesto really kicked this off.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray an 8*10 (or 9*11) baking dish with canola oil or olive oil spray.
Measure out enough "oven ready" or cooked lasagne noodles to create two layers in the dish.
Wash & prep enough fresh baby spinach to create two layers (I make thick layers, 2-3 cups worth total)
Set aside 2 cups Mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan for layering
Fry or microwave 4 slices of bacon and set aside
- 3Make the sauce:
1. 3 TBS butter (not margarine)
2. 3 cloves (fat, healthy ones) garlic.
*sautee these until the garlic barely begins to brown
1/2 cup white wine, simmer about 8 minutes, letting mixture condense a little
10 oz. Philadelphia brand Cooking cream (Pesto flavored cream cheese)
10 oz. half and half (I just poured half and half into the empty pesto cream container)
8 oz. block cream cheese
**add these to the simmered garlic butter and wine sauce... cook on medium and stir often, until you get a thick creamy consistency.
- 4Add in:
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (or just nuke a couple of skinless breasts and chop them)
1 egg, beaten
Cook on medium for about 5 more minutes, stirring until you have a thick, yummy sauce.
- 5Pour a little sauce onto the bottom of the baking dish.
Lay out one layer of lasagne noodles (about 4 noodles, broken to fit).
Layer with 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach, enough to cover the pasta.
Pour one half of the cream sauce over spinach.
Sprinkle 1 cup Mozarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan on top.
Repeat these layers.
On top of the final cheese layer, crumble the bacon on top
- 6Cook at 350 degrees for 35 minutes (covering with foil for the first 25 minutes). at 350 degrees.
Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting/serving.