Spicy Sriracha-Grilled Chicken and Watermelon Salad
Mind the cooking time: the flattened chicken's ready in minutes, which makes this a great dish for hungry people!
Note: Sriracha hot sauce can be found in most grocery stores in the Asian/international food section, in Whole Foods, and even at Target. Try it -- you'll like it!
Here is a visual for you:
2boneless skinless chicken breasts (8 oz each), flattened to 1/2 inch
6 Tbspfresh lemon juice, divided
1 Tbspsriracha hot sauce
2 pinchsalt and fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cextra virgin olive oil
2 tspagave syrup (honey may be substituted)
4 cbaby arugula
3 csmall-diced seedless watermelon, drained
1/2 ccherry tomatoes, quartered and drained
1/2 cyellow cherry or pear tomatoes, quartered and drained
1/2 cfeta crumbles
1/2 cfresh basil, cut to chiffonade
How to Make Spicy Sriracha-Grilled Chicken and Watermelon Salad
- Prepare gas grill to medium heat. Cut each(8oz) chicken breast horizontally nearly through, open like book and pound to ½.” Season both sides with pinches of salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with 2 Tbs. of the lemon juice whisked with Sriracha; marinate at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the remaining 4 Tbsp lemon juice with the olive oil, agave, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Whisk well. Oil grill. Grill chicken, flipping once, about 4-5 minutes per side, until meat tests 160 internally. Let rest while preparing salad.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss arugula, watermelon, tomatoes, feta, basil, and half of dressing; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide salad mixture among 4 plates. Top with chicken, sliced, and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- Cook's note: Though you can substitute another hot sauce for the Sriracha sauce in a pinch, we love this for its flavor, not just its heat!