3 ozonion, sliced
12 ozchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 tspcumin, ground
1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
1.5 tspcanola oil
1 Tbsplemon juice
2 Tbsppeanut butter
1/2 tspgarlic clove, minced
1/2 ctomato puree
How to Make Spicy Peanut Chicken
- Slice onion.
- Wash and dry chicken breasts and rub with cumin and cinnamon on both sides.
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute onion and chicken in hot oil, browning chicken on both sides.
- Wash plum tomatoes and cut into large chunks.
- Halve jalapeno and remove seeds; reserve half for another use.
- Cut jalapeno into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Turn on food processor and add pepper through feed tube.
- Open processor and add plum tomatoes, lemon juice, peanut butter, garlic and puree.
- Process to blend well.
- When chicken is browned on both sides, pour the sauce over.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer about 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
- Prepare cilantro leaves.
- Spoon some of sauce over rice and garnish with cilantro.