Spicy Mexican Casserole
1 - 5.4oz pkgknorr feista sides taco or mexican flavored rice mix
1 - 10oz can(s)rotel, undrained
1 - 10oz can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 - 9.5oz can(s)chicken, undrained
1 1/2 ccheddar or mexican blend cheese, shredded
1 pkgsnack size pkg of doritos, crushed
1/4 cjalapeno slices, to taste
How to Make Spicy Mexican Casserole
- Spray a 2qt glass casserole dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Mix together package of rice mix, can of chicken, Rotel, and cream of chicken soup in the casserole dish.
- Place covered dish in the microwave and heat on full power for 5 minutes. Take out and stir.
- Place covered dish back in the microwave for another 5 minutes. Takeout and stir again. Check to make sure the casserole isn't drying out. If it is getting too dry, add a little bit of water and stir.(You want it to start to dry a little or it will be too soupy)
- Replace cover and heat for 5 more minutes. Remove from the microwave and top with shredded cheese. At this point you can replace the lid for about 5 minutes and let the cheese melt, then top with the crushed Doritos, jalapeno slices and enjoy or top with the cheese, Doritos and jalapenos and place under the broiler in your oven to crisp the Doritos and jalapenos.