Spicey Buffalo Burgers
4 lbground chicken, pork, and/or turkey
2 stalk(s)carrots, shredded
2 stalk(s)celery, chopped
1 mediumwhite onion, chopped (optional)
8 ozblue cheese
1 cbuffalo sauce
·salt and pepper to taste
·sesame seed buns
·feta cheese (optional)
·ranch dressing (optional)
How to Make Spicey Buffalo Burgers
- shred carrots and chop celery and onions with food processor. Do these one at a time so you don't over process any of them.
- preheat grill or skillet.
- mix meat and vegetables together. Make sure you pull everything up from the bottom of the bowl so you aren't left with a carrot burger or something like that.
- mix in blue cheese, buffalo sauce, salt and pepper
- cook burgers on grill or skillet to desired temperature. Remember you are using poultry so you want to make sure it is done to prevent any food borne illnesses.
- serve on buns, top with feta cheese and ranch dressing and more buffalo sauce as desired.
you can really use any kind of cheese you want for this step, I wanted to stick with the strong flavor and saltiness of the feta and blue cheeses.
- this recipe made 10 large burgers and a small "meat loaf". I cooked the burgers that we needed for that nights meal then froze the rest to have another day. I'm looking forward to buffalo meat loaf in the future!