Spanish Style Chicken in Tomato Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 lbchicken (any part of your choice)
1 smallcan, tomato sauce
1 mediumyellow onions, chopped medium
1/2 cred bell pepper
1 ccarrots cut in medium cubes or may also use baby carrots
1 largepotatoes cut in medium cubes
1/2 cgreen peas (canned or frozen is fine)
1 Tbspcooking oil
1-2 Tbspsoy sauce, dark (you may use soy sauce instead of salt to taste)
2 mediumsize bay leaves
1 cchicken broth
How to Make Spanish Style Chicken in Tomato Sauce
- Medium heat and medium pot, sautee chicken, onions, garlic in oil. Lower heat and cover the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the chicken juice out.
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, ground black pepper, sugar and soy sauce, again simmer for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is tender but make sure the sauce won't get try so check it constantly.
- Add potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, bay leaf and green peas. You may use salt to add taste.
- Simmer it for 10 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked and the potatoes and carrots are cooked as desired.
- TIPS: If it gets a little dry because the potatoes starch.. you may add broth but start with 1/4 cup. Serve with rice.