Spanish Style Chicken in Tomato Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 lb
- chicken (any part of your choice)
- 1 small
- can, tomato sauce
- 1 medium
- yellow onions, chopped medium
- 4 clove
- 1/2 c
- red bell pepper
- 1 c
- carrots cut in medium cubes or may also use baby carrots
- 1 large
- potatoes cut in medium cubes
- 1/2 c
- green peas (canned or frozen is fine)
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 1-2 Tbsp
- soy sauce, dark (you may use soy sauce instead of salt to taste)
- 2 medium
- size bay leaves
- 1 c
- chicken broth
How to Make Spanish Style Chicken in Tomato Sauce
- 1Medium heat and medium pot, sautee chicken, onions, garlic in oil. Lower heat and cover the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the chicken juice out.
- 2Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, ground black pepper, sugar and soy sauce, again simmer for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is tender but make sure the sauce won't get try so check it constantly.
- 3Add potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, bay leaf and green peas. You may use salt to add taste.
- 4Simmer it for 10 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked and the potatoes and carrots are cooked as desired.
- 5TIPS: If it gets a little dry because the potatoes starch.. you may add broth but start with 1/4 cup. Serve with rice.