- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c
- long or short grain rice
- 1/2 tsp
- chopped dehydrated onions
- 1/8 tsp
- lawry's garlic powder (coarse ground with parsley)
- 1 large
- you will need enough water to add in a blender along with the tomato to make 3 cups
- 1/4 c
- knorr chicken flavor bouillon
How to Make Spanish Rice
- 1Add the tomato and enough water to make 3 cups in a blender then liquify, set aside.
- 2In a med. sauce pan add the 3 Tbsp. oil and heat on med. high.
- 3When the oil is hot enough add 1 1/2 cups of rice and stir every 10 seconds until at least half of the rice has turned a slight golden brown.
- 4Then add 1/8 tsp. of garlic powder and 1/2 tsp. dehydrated onion and stir for at least 30 seconds.
- 5Add the 3 cups of liquified tomato juice and 1/4 cup of chicken bouillon (DO NOT STIR UNTIL IT COMES TO A COMPLETE BOIL) Stir once, cover, turn heat down to low for 10 min. Stir once more and continue cooking on low for 10 more min. for a total cooking time of 20 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and let sit for at least 5 min., fluff and enjoy!