2-3 Tbspolive oil or vegetable oil
1 1/2 clong or short grain rice
1/2 tspchopped dehydrated onions
1/8 tsplawry's garlic powder (coarse ground with parsley)
·you will need enough water to add in a blender along with the tomato to make 3 cups
1/4 cknorr chicken flavor bouillon
How to Make Spanish Rice
- Add the tomato and enough water to make 3 cups in a blender then liquify, set aside.
- In a med. sauce pan add the 3 Tbsp. oil and heat on med. high.
- When the oil is hot enough add 1 1/2 cups of rice and stir every 10 seconds until at least half of the rice has turned a slight golden brown.
- Then add 1/8 tsp. of garlic powder and 1/2 tsp. dehydrated onion and stir for at least 30 seconds.
- Add the 3 cups of liquified tomato juice and 1/4 cup of chicken bouillon (DO NOT STIR UNTIL IT COMES TO A COMPLETE BOIL) Stir once, cover, turn heat down to low for 10 min. Stir once more and continue cooking on low for 10 more min. for a total cooking time of 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for at least 5 min., fluff and enjoy!