How to Make Soy Sauce Chicken
- In a heavy pot, combine sauce ingredience and heat to boiling.
- Put in cut-up frying chicken, cover and cook 10 min.
- Remove cover and turn heat to medium-low. Baste chicken often with sauce. Cook until sauce is reduced and coats the chicken. (about 45min to 1hr.) WHEN SAUCE IS COOKING, CHECK OFTEN. AS THE SAUCE THICKENS IT TENDS TO GET VERY HOT AND BURN BECAUSE OF ALL THE SUGAR. IT GETS VERY STICKY. If chicken is not done when sauce is thick, add a little water, cover the pan and cook slowly until chicken is done.
- When chicken is done and well coated, remove to plate and serve. This can be served at room temp and it is just as delicious. I serve with rice.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.