Southwestern Tortilla Cassarole
Kelsey "Rose" Jones1
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1 can(s)
- (small) green chili peppers, diced
- 2 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 c
- 3 c
- grated cheese (mexican mixture works great!)
- 1 large
- package tortillas
How to Make Southwestern Tortilla Cassarole
- 1Preheat oven to 375°
- 2Brown ground beef and onions together. Drain off excess grease. Add cream of mushroom soup, milk and green chilies diced. allow to slowly heat through as you prepare the pan.
- 3Use a spray oil to coat a 9" x 13" pan. Lay tortillas in bottom of pan so they overlap. and come up the sides slightly. Spread with half of the meat mixture. top with half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas, meat mixture and cheese.
- 4Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 5Alterations: Instead of the cream of mushroom soup and milk, try adding a large can of pinto beans with their juice and taco seasoning. Later with tortillas and cheese as before.
- 6Alteration 2: Use cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom, and shredded chicken instead of beef.