★★★★★ 1 vote5
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes, canned italian-style and diced
- 1/4 c
- melted butter or margarine
- 1 c
- italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- southwest seasoning mix
How to Make Southwestern Baked Chicken
- 1Trim chicken breasts and then place in a baking dish sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle southwestern seasoning (I prefer Emeril Lagasse's) seasoning over both side of chicken.
- 2Pour melted butter over chicken, turn the chicken so all pieces are coated. Lightly cover the butter chicken with bread crumbs, press bread crumbs onto chicken with the flat side of a fork, flip chicken and do the same thing to the other side. Pour diced tomatos over the chicken as evenly as possible and then spread the shredded cheese over all of it.
- 3Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes…depending on oven, always double check that they are not still pink.