Southwest Chicken Shells
- 1 box
- jumbo shells
- bonless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle
- honey mustard
- 1 bottle
- bbq sauce
- 1 pkg
- shredded cheese (monterey jack)
- garlic powder
- celery salt
- montreal chicken seasoning
- crushed red pepper
- onion powder
How to Make Southwest Chicken Shells
- 1Shells: Cook and let cool
Chicken: Cook and let cool (I usually boil the chicken by laying a coat of all of the dry seasonings in the boiling water.)
- 2When the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred it and put into a large frying pan. Also preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 3On medium heat, add 1/3 of the honey mustard and bbq sauce and mix up. *If the chicken is still very dry, add more (equal parts) of the honey mustard and bbq sauce.
- 4Add a layer of the dry seasonings ontop of the now "wet" chicken and lower the heat.
- 5Add another 1/3 of the bbq and honey mustard along with another layer of onion powder and montreal chicken seasoning. *Also more red pepper if you like things spicy like me.*
- 6They consistency should be heated enough now to shut off the stove.
- 7Stuff each shell with the chicken and lay into a lightly greased baking pan. Put all of the cheese ontop of the shells, and bake covered for about 10-15 minutes.