Southern fried chicken dinner in a bowl
- 4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots, two medium
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, two onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- six purchased or homemade corn muffins
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 14 ounces frozen cooked breaded chicken breast fillets, prepare according to package directions
- one can barbecue beans, 15 to 22 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green, yellow, and/or red tomatoes, two large
- 3/4 cup bottled ranch salad dressing
How to Make Southern fried chicken dinner in a bowl
- 1for slaw, in a large bowl, mix cabbage, carrots, and green onions; toss to mix. In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add dressing to cabbage mixture, tossing to combine. Cover and chill for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°. Place cubes in a large shallow baking pan; drizzle with melted butter, tossing to coat. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until crisp, turning twice. Set aside
- 3transfer slaw mixture into an 8 to 10 cup clear glass bowl. Arrange chicken strips evenly over slaw. Spoon beans over chicken pieces, spreading evenly. Sprinkle corn muffin cubes over beans. Top with tomatoes. If desired, cover and chill for up to six hours.
- 4Just before serving, spoon dressing over all. Makes 10 to 12 servings.