Southern Fried Chicken
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken
- Wash chicken and set aside on paper towels
- In a large bowl beat eggs
- Pour buttermilk into a 9x13 baking dish; add beaten eggs and mix together.
- Put chicken into buttermilk mixture.
- Marinate chicken 2 hours, or over night if you prefer.
- Roll each chicken piece in the flour. Place chicken into hot oil in a deep skillet without crowding.
Fry 7 to 8 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Chicken can be baked in a 350 oven in a heavy skillet, using 1/2 inch or less oil, for 15 minutes each side.