Southern Fried Chicken
This is a 3 day process for good coating tastin chicken :P
Day one: is the brine. Store your chicken in sea water solution in the refrigerator.
Day two: Seasoning in a large grocery bag. Wrap bag in a tall kitchen bag and refrigerate overnight.
Day 3: Is the cooking.
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- season all
- 1 Tbsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp
- 1 fl
- egg wash scramble
- 1 gal
- peanut oil but can subsitute
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken
- 1Day One: You noticed I didn't put legs thighs or my favorite breasts and wings on the ingredient list. Adjust this to what YOU like . I'm just giving you the Techniques and tricks of good chicken. Weather It skinless boneless , with bone and skin. Place chicken in a salt water marinade (like sea water) Fairly loose so the chicken is swimming . Put in fridge.
- 2Day 2: My recipe states 2 cups of allpurpose flour. That is my base. Add to your taste .... season all , pepper, poultry seasoning. My flour mix is usually little pink in color but you get a bite from the pepper and taste the sage of poultry seasoning too. Place mix in paper bag. Mix an egg with a tablespoon of water . Dip chicken pieces into egg then into bag . Shake after each addition. After all chicken is coated place bag in fridge overnight.
- 3PRE-Heat your fry pan (1 inch of oil) to 300 degrees. Don't crowd your chicken . Breasts are usually 20 to 30 (bone in) minutes per side. Other pieces shorter. Internal Temp 170 degrees
- 4After all the chicken is cooked. Drain oil saving all the krispies of the chicken. Add a tablespoon of butter to pan and a tablespoon of flour to heated pan making a rouge. When bubbly and and cooked for a minute, add 1 cup of water or chicken stock or milk . Re add the krispies . NOTE : More chicken more gravy so this gravy recipe is for one cup .. just double it :P